Please create an alignment chart.

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Please create an alignment chart.

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Cirion Spellbinder wrote:I haven't been able to find a source that confirms this. Do you know where you think you read / heard this?
It was a monarchy with a royal family, and the monarch could act unilaterally for the people (I believe).
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

Post by Cirion Spellbinder »

brimstoneSalad wrote:It was a monarchy with a royal family, and the monarch could act unilaterally for the people (I believe).
Gotcha. That's what it says on the wikis I checked, I just didn't know that monarchy qualifies as dictatorship.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

EquALLity wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
EquALLity wrote:
No mistake. Darth Vader is the hero. This is character, correct?: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/ ... 000763.jpg
That's him, but he's the villain. He's the leader of the Sith or whatever in the later three movies.

He used to be a hero when he was Anakin Sywalker, but as Darth Vader, he's an evil character.
The prequels sucks and I do not watch them.
Darth Vader is the hero, I am sure, but everybody has their own opinion I guess.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

EquALLity wrote:Darth Vader is the villain. :P
I think you might be confusing the characters.
I think Zzzzzzz may have a point here. (Full disclosure, not a huge fan of Star Wars, but I appreciate it as an art. :ugeek: Also, whatever Jar-Jar is, I feel it would be appropriate to kill off his species, :twisted: . )

The Empire was an established intergalactic government, and the Rebels wanted to do away with it because of their abuse of power. (This is a fun thread, so I will punctuate with many emoticons. :mrgreen: ) Vader was employed in upper management, but not the leader. :o

The empire was trying to "rule with an iron fist :roll: , but only because they believed it was for the greater good. :o

Additionally, the rebels carried deadly weapons (lightsabers). Vader and the Emperor (I have said I am not a huge fan, so correct me if I am wrong), used the force (which unlike lightsabers) could be fatal or non-fatal, depending upon the circumstance. :geek: When the advantage was his, Vader, instead of killing his son in a death match, asked him to join him. :shock:

I contend while he was not good, Darth Vader was also not evil. His family was murdered, he lost his shit, and signed on with a group that embraced his vulnerability and strength, but in the end it cost him his life. :cry:
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Post by Lightningman_42 »

PsYcHo wrote:Vader was employed in upper management, but not the leader. :o
Right. Emperor Palpatine (a.k.a Darth Sidious) was the Sith master; Darth Vader was his apprentice.
PsYcHo wrote:The empire was trying to "rule with an iron fist :roll: , but only because they believed it was for the greater good. :o
Good point, I often wonder whether or not the Empire itself was as evil as it's often depicted within popular media. To be clear, I am actually a major Star Wars fan, so I've thought about this. I'll go into more detail about this later, but right now it's late, so I'm going to bed.
PsYcHo wrote:Additionally, the rebels carried deadly weapons (lightsabers).
Not most rebels. Among the rebels, only jedi survivors (Luke, Kanan, Ezra, etc.) carried lightsabers.
PsYcHo wrote:Vader and the Emperor (I have said I am not a huge fan, so correct me if I am wrong), used the force (which unlike lightsabers) could be fatal or non-fatal, depending upon the circumstance.
Actually, lightsabers can be nonfatal too, depending (mostly) upon the intentions of the user, and (somewhat) upon the fighting style. A lightsaber-user can inflict shallow flesh wounds in order to cripple his/her opponent, to the point that the opponent is unable to continue fighting. This is what Count Dooku (using Form 2 combat) did to Obi-Wan in Episode 2, and what Rey (using her own improvised/self-taught style) did to Kylo Ren in Episode 7. Form 2 combat is actually quite good for this, as it relies upon tricking/outmaneuvering opponents, and defeating them with a few well-placed shallow cuts. Lightsaber users skilled in other forms might have a little more difficulty in defeating opponents without killing or majorly dismembering them. Form 3 focuses mostly on defense, Form 4 upon strong/fast offensive attacks to overwhelm opponents, and Form 5 upon relatively slow power attacks (usually Force-enhanced).
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

Come to the dark side, you will get a free pen.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

I now realize that the Empire were supposed to be the baddies. However, there is no evidence for this to actually be the case other than the fact that they wear black and spooky music plays when Darth Vader comes into a room (The Imperial March).

I have heard that in the Star Wars comics, they are racist against aliens. However, this never happens in the films so I don't believe it to be true.