Oysters?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Neptual
Diet: Vegan

Re: Oysters?

Post by Neptual »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:
There is no "vegan standard"
I beg to differ.

A vegan standard in my eyes would be seen as a product that has no animal products or no-products in it. A product that when it's made will have little to no environmental damage. If oysters feel no pain and have little to no detrimental cause to the environment then what's the problem. They're almost seen as plants except that it's not proven whether they can or cannot feel pain or not. A risk of which I'm not willing to take.
She's beautiful...
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Re: Oysters?

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

dan1073 wrote:
TheVeganAtheist wrote:
There is no "vegan standard"
I beg to differ.

A vegan standard in my eyes would be seen as a product that has no animal products or no-products in it. A product that when it's made will have little to no environmental damage. If oysters feel no pain and have little to no detrimental cause to the environment then what's the problem. They're almost seen as plants except that it's not proven whether they can or cannot feel pain or not. A risk of which I'm not willing to take.
Seems like a lot of "ifs". If they are not sentient; if farming them does not damage the environment; then we have no moral obligation to protect them. Personally, i still would obtain as I have no desire to eat anything that looks like an oyster.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics