What was the craziest dream you've ever had?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
User avatar
Lightningman_42
Master in Training
Posts: 501
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:19 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan
Location: California

Re: What was the craziest dream you've ever had?

Post by Lightningman_42 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:56 pm

@RedAppleGP: That was a very entertaining story and I look forward to anything else that you decide to share.

@Miniboes: You too. Very creepy dream. Did you feel horrified or shocked when you woke up?

I have weird dreams a lot but unfortunately I forget most of them soon after I wake up. Perhaps this discussion thread will inspire me to write down my dreams and share them.

1 noteworthy dream of mine, or 2, because I had 2 dreams with the same premise but some variation, involved the Death Star. In these dreams I was on some planet (I think it was Earth but I'm not sure anymore). I looked up into the sky and saw the Death Star looming over me in the sky. I was worried because I knew what the Death Star does, and so I wanted to evacuate the world and convince others to do the same. When I tried to convince others to hop into starships and evacuate before we all got disintegrated, I was met with indifference. Nobody seemed to care that the Death Star was clearly visible in the sky and could kill us all, so I was rather frustrated. In one of the 2 dreams I eventually hopped into an X-wing starfighter (my favorite spacecraft in the Star Wars movies), took off, and flew up into the sky. I don't think that I ever got past the upper atmosphere. I know for sure that the Death Star in both dreams never actually fired its destructive beam.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein

User avatar
miniboes
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1575
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:52 pm
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan
Location: Netherlands

Post by miniboes » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:12 am

ArmouredAbolitionist wrote:@Miniboes: You too. Very creepy dream. Did you feel horrified or shocked when you woke up?
It's long ago, but I am pretty sure I was terrified.

That is one nerdy dream.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum

User avatar
EquALLity
I am God
Posts: 3002
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:31 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan
Location: United States of Canada

Post by EquALLity » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:28 pm

I wrote:I'll be answering the question tomorrow! :D
Hahaha...

Anyway, I have a lot of really bizarre dream experiences, not sure where to begin.

Hm, well, here's one dream story from a really long time ago:
I was lying down on a couch in a room in my house that was most like my living room, but had some modifications, and there was this strange lightning like thing that happened when the clock struck nine (at night). And the next dream morning, I told my (dream) dad about it. He told me that it meant something, and I asked if it was good. He told me it wasn't, and then I asked if it was bad, and he said that it was. Then he pulled out this ancient-looking book with curses or something, and according to it, if I saw that same clock strike nine again that night, I'd 'lose peace forever' ( :? ). I also distinctly remember my mom coming down the stairs and sitting on a couch with two friends, all wearing the same clothes (maybe different colors though) and those sleep-hats. Anyway, when it got closer to nine, I was watching the TV in the kitchen, and my dad picked me up and brought me into a room in-between the kitchen and the room with the clock that would curse me. And I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking, but I just kind of knew it was a dream when he did that, almost like it was too convenient that he was bringing me closer to that room, and woke myself up.

Another thing that happened awhile ago:
I really had to go to the bathroom (in real life), and I could feel it in the dream. So I kept going to the bathroom in the dream (on dream toilets), wondering why I never felt relieved... :lol:
At least I didn't wet the bed.

One time I was trying to wake myself up in a dream, but I was so tired that I'd almost instantly fall back asleep, so I kept going back and forth until I was finally able to stay awake.

Sometimes I won't know if I'm in a dream or not, and that's really bizarre. There are tests you can do, but sometimes I've done those in dreams, and they haven't worked. For example, there's one test where you hold your nose and try to breathe through it, but sometimes in dreams it's seemed like I couldn't breathe through my nose when I did that.
Just typing this is making me wonder! :P But I can kind of just tell right now that I'm awake.
I think... ;)

I've actually had dream characters tell me I'm dreaming.
One time in a dream, I was in the bathroom with my grandmother and mom (we were brushing our teeth etc.), and my mom was like, "I think we're in a dream" or something like that. So I agreed, and thought I woke myself up. But then, we were downstairs later on the couch, and I said I thought it was a dream, then they agreed, and I actually woke myself up. :P

Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis? I usually get it if my sleep is interrupted and I stay up too long (rarely happens currently) before I try to fall back asleep, or if I'm really tired and just lying down. It's when you're waking up, or just falling asleep, and you are conscious but can't move. Apparently some people have really horrible hallucinations.
The closest I've had to that is purposely imagining things (like a sun), hearing a 'person' talk (don't remember what he was saying), and getting all tingly combined with a really loud noise.

Have you ever thought you've woken up, but you were just dreaming of waking up?
One time I had a series of like ten false awakenings until I finally was really awake.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

User avatar
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2951
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:59 pm
Location: Toluca Lake

Post by Red » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:44 pm

EquALLity wrote: Hm, well, here's one dream story from a really long time ago:
I was lying down on a couch in a room in my house that was most like my living room, but had some modifications, and there was this strange lightning like thing that happened when the clock struck nine (at night). And the next dream morning, I told my (dream) dad about it. He told me that it meant something, and I asked if it was good. He told me it wasn't, and then I asked if it was bad, and he said that it was. Then he pulled out this ancient-looking book with curses or something, and according to it, if I saw that same clock strike nine again that night, I'd 'lose peace forever' ( :? ). I also distinctly remember my mom coming down the stairs and sitting on a couch with two friends, all wearing the same clothes (maybe different colors though) and those sleep-hats. Anyway, when it got closer to nine, I was watching the TV in the kitchen, and my dad picked me up and brought me into a room in-between the kitchen and the room with the clock that would curse me. And I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking, but I just kind of knew it was a dream when he did that, almost like it was too convenient that he was bringing me closer to that room, and woke myself up.
after reading through this multiple times, I can confirm I have no fucking idea what just happened.
EquALLity wrote:Another thing that happened awhile ago:
I really had to go to the bathroom (in real life), and I could feel it in the dream. So I kept going to the bathroom in the dream (on dream toilets), wondering why I never felt relieved... :lol:
At least I didn't wet the bed.
too much information man, you're too much information man.
EquALLity wrote:One time I was trying to wake myself up in a dream, but I was so tired that I'd almost instantly fall back asleep, so I kept going back and forth until I was finally able to stay awake.
Never, never ever, ever ever ever, ever do that. You're passing up a potential lucid dream. I used to do that, and they are my biggest regrets.
EquALLity wrote:Sometimes I won't know if I'm in a dream or not, and that's really bizarre. There are tests you can do, but sometimes I've done those in dreams, and they haven't worked. For example, there's one test where you hold your nose and try to breathe through it, but sometimes in dreams it's seemed like I couldn't breathe through my nose when I did that.
Just typing this is making me wonder! :P But I can kind of just tell right now that I'm awake.
I think... ;)
Try counting your fingers or looking at the conveniently placed grandfather clock in the background that always happens to be there.

EquALLity wrote:I've actually had dream characters tell me I'm dreaming.
One time in a dream, I was in the bathroom with my grandmother and mom (we were brushing our teeth etc.), and my mom was like, "I think we're in a dream" or something like that. So I agreed, and thought I woke myself up. But then, we were downstairs later on the couch, and I said I thought it was a dream, then they agreed, and I actually woke myself up. :P
Yeah I had a dream where I kicked the moon in the balls, dreams are weird like that.
EquALLity wrote:Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis? I usually get it if my sleep is interrupted and I stay up too long (rarely happens currently) before I try to fall back asleep, or if I'm really tired and just lying down. It's when you're waking up, or just falling asleep, and you are conscious but can't move. Apparently some people have really horrible hallucinations.
The closest I've had to that is purposely imagining things (like a sun), hearing a 'person' talk (don't remember what he was saying), and getting all tingly combined with a really loud noise.
It's fucking horrifying. You're completely paralyzed. I remember this one time where I woke up with sleep paralysis, and I saw a dark figure in front of me. It looked like one of those heartless motherfuckers from Kingdom Hearts. Needless to say I nearly pissed myself.
Just think; seeing a horrifying dark figure in bed at 3 AM while being completely vulnerable.

EquALLity wrote:Have you ever thought you've woken up, but you were just dreaming of waking up?
One time I had a series of like ten false awakenings until I finally was really awake.
Yes, but then I'd realize that I was still in a dream. I'd keep trying until I reach Nirvana.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci

User avatar
EquALLity
I am God
Posts: 3002
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:31 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan
Location: United States of Canada

Post by EquALLity » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:16 pm

RedAppleGP wrote: after reading through this multiple times, I can confirm I have no fucking idea what just happened.
:lol:

Ok, in a dream:
I was lying on a couch and this flash thing happened at nine at night, and the next morning, I told my dad. He said it was bad, and got this dusty old ancient book with curses. He told me that if I saw that same clock strike at nine again the next night that I'd 'lose peace forever'. Then, when it got close to nine, he carried me into a room closer to the room with the clock, and I woke myself up because it seemed too convenient to be real.

Also, randomly, my mom came downstairs with her friends in matching (but possibly different colored) pajamas with sleep hats, and they sat on a couch.
RedAppleGP wrote: too much information man, you're too much information man.
:lol:

Well, I guess this means I've one the craziest dream competition. 8-)

But, like I said... I didn't wet the bed. ;D
RedAppleGP wrote: Yeah I had a dream where I kicked the moon in the balls, dreams are weird like that.
Hahaha, what? Context?
RedAppleGP wrote: It's fucking horrifying. You're completely paralyzed. I remember this one time where I woke up with sleep paralysis, and I saw a dark figure in front of me. It looked like one of those heartless motherfuckers from Kingdom Hearts. Needless to say I nearly pissed myself.
Just think; seeing a horrifying dark figure in bed at 3 AM while being completely vulnerable.
I'm not sure what 'Kingdom Hearts' is, but yeah... that doesn't sound fun. O_O

You get yourself out of those, though. You can try moving your fingers/toes and blinking rapidly, until you can move a large body part and break the paralysis.

Have you ever gone from sleep paralysis to a lucid dream? It's called WILD.
I'm not sure if I have. I was trying to one time during a sleep paralysis, and I ended up having a lucid dream that night, but it didn't happen like WILD is supposed to.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1008
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:28 pm
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan
Location: Presumably somewhere

Post by Cirion Spellbinder » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:41 pm

You guys have much more interesting dreams than I do! :lol: I don't even remember the last time I had a dream...

Dream Sphere
Senior Member
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:52 pm
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada

Post by Dream Sphere » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:53 pm

Well, I nearly feel obligated to post in this thread, given my username. This dream that I'm about to share may not be the weirdest one in my view which I've ever had, but it's the most recent one which feels somewhat notable. (There's another forum where I've shared quite a few of my dreams, so if everyone's okay with me later sharing ones which I had posted there which may be even crazier, that would be nice. I ask as I'm uncertain if I should, given that this thread is more about the single, in their view, craziest dream of the posters, rather than sharing multiple weird dreams. But, if it's alright, then I may share more at a later point.)

So, I was walking through this forested area, and I was seemingly quite far from any human infrastructure, besides the man made hiking path that I was walking along. I then came to this junction where there was this hill with a large log on it lying horizontally on top of the hill in front of me, which was between where the hiking trail split off into two directions. Suddenly this large hairy ape like creature, which held an abacus, jumped up from behind the hill, on to the log, and held the abacus out with its two hands on either end, like a scroll with scripture on it while it gazed off into the distance. It was looking somewhat in my direction, but a bit beyond me, to the right and above of where I stood, and I got a sense that it was pondering its thoughts and was prospecting the situation as to figure out what to do. It had kinda been just standing there for a while with a glazed look in its eyes, and an expression of amusement and being lost in thought.

So, after the initial shock I had had when it jumped out, I had begun to think with my wacky dream reasoning that there wasn't a threat here and that I should stay to get or see whatever this creature wanted to show me, (even though it never directly looked at me,) and I felt that it may have some importance. But as it was taking so long, I started to get impatient. So I found myself about to ask if it could hurry itself up, but then it started mumbling some things in a kind of "going through a ritual in an unabated, paying no mind to whatever else is in the vicinity" type of way. I recognized how this was some progress which had just recently been made, so I waited for some more time, but was still kinda annoyed with how it seemed to want to capture my attention but had decided to take so long with its presentation. It had felt like a good thirty minutes since it started its rite, so I finally said "ugh, this isn't going anywhere," then I reaffirmed myself and had just started to walk down the left trail, and then, well... There was this abrupt, deep and layered/ambient shout which felt like it came from everywhere, as I noticed that the creature's mouth had stopped moving by then. Then as I looked up at the creature with its figure in the foreground and mostly the sky (due to the angle I was looking up at it,) with a few peaks of trees around the bottom corners of my view of it in the background, I felt paralysed, and then the clouds and the light in the sky started shifting and changing very rapidly, like how video of the sky looks on a time-lapse. This went on for a bit over ten seconds, as I found myself in the dream thinking of this either being like a fantastical curse put on me, or the beginning of the apocalypse or something, so, that prompted me to wake up, of course. :lol:

User avatar
EquALLity
I am God
Posts: 3002
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:31 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan
Location: United States of Canada

Post by EquALLity » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:32 pm

I had such a bizarre dream last night.

There was some kind of sports event (basketball, I think) and I was like referee or something. I was sitting near the wall just monitoring the game, as opposed to on the stands (I don't really know).

And near me, there was this hole in the wall, and this goose-like-creature with a huge beak (like pelican long) kept coming out of it. :lol:
For some reason, I believed at that point that geese/whatevers need to eat very often (like every twelve seconds) or they'll die (I think I got the concept from a video I might've watched in science class). So it kept coming out, presumably eating dust on the floor, and then racing back in. At one point, I thought I accidentally delayed it, and I was worried it might die of starvation.

Then, I think I pissed it off, and it made this really odd facial expression with its beak (even for a mutant goose). And this man who was also monitoring the game (I don't know about this either) tried to mimic the goose's expression, and he said it was growling/being aggressive or something.

At some point I started lucid dreaming and flew into a tree in my backyard. :D
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

User avatar
Insert name here
Full Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:03 pm
Religion: None (Atheist)
Location: Insert location here.

Post by Insert name here » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:03 pm

@EquALLity

You had a lucid dream? That's sounds awesome, I've never had one before, but I would like to ask how you managed to fly into a tree.
Insert signature here.

User avatar
EquALLity
I am God
Posts: 3002
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:31 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan
Location: United States of Canada

Post by EquALLity » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:45 pm

Insert name here wrote:@EquALLity

You had a lucid dream? That's sounds awesome, I've never had one before, but I would like to ask how you managed to fly into a tree.
Yeah, I've pretty much always had them. The other day I had one like this (I actually wrote it down before):

I had a dream where I was on the computer reading about Bernie Sanders (like what most teenagers dream about ;) ). At some point, I stood up to use the restroom, and I made a face into the mirror in the dark. It looked a bit off, so I contemplated if I was in fact dreaming.
Then, I looked into the mirror again, and saw that I no longer saw my head- it was cut off, as if I was too tall. After that, I was very suspicious I was dreaming. I then anticipated that my dad would go out the back door and open the bathroom window from outside. When he started to do that, it was obvious I was dreaming, and I ran outside the front door and tried to escape (it was somewhat nightmare-ish).
I tried to fly into a tree, but I couldn’t end up getting all the way in and fell to the ground, and my dad followed me outside. Then, I started flying into another tree- a huge (very wide and tall) Christmas tree decorated neatly with colored balls. My dad pointed some kind of gun at me in the air to get me down to the ground, but I hid in the tree. My dad, at some point, became Hillary Clinton (in my defense with all this political stuff in my dream, I was doing phone banking for Bernie for hours right before I went to bed :P), and then Hillary Clinton was standing and looking under the tree with a gun, asking the decorations (they might’ve become fairies or something; it was a dream) where I was. I was trying to wake up, and my face got covered by branches and I could barely see. But then, in the corner of my eye, I saw my room, and I was able to force myself awake because of that somehow.

The flying into a tree in my yard is a common theme in my lucid dreams, because I'm often trying to escape my house. :P
As for how to fly into the tree (and do other stuff like that), I kind of just imagine it happening and it happens.
I've traveled through walls too. You just have to envision yourself doing it while you're trying to do it, and it works.

If you want to lucid dream more, you should check out this YT channel!: https://www.youtube.com/user/GizEdwards
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests