Is animation getting worse?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Is animation getting worse?

Post by Red »

This is going to be about animation in general, not just internet/independant animators. This goes for cartoons/animations that aired on TV, YouTube, Newgrounds, etc.

Now gentlemen, as I like to think, that in the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending entertainment in it's decade of maximum vulnerability (no, the entire post isn't going to be like this. I would if I really wanted to though). As I watch more animations and cartoons, then comparing them to older cartoons, there's no denying the fact that there are way better cartoons back then then there are today. Or are there? No. The 90s, just like with music, was full of garbage, but the ones that survived asserts the notion that "aw man cartoons are shitty these days!!!!!!!! remember when they were THE shit?!", which is just false. These cartoons that we look back on and smile at I refer to as "classics". Ed Edd n' Eddy? Powerpuff Girls? Rocko's Modern Life? All of them are classics. But remember, as I always say, no generation is immune from shit. I mean Rocket Power? More like.... shit. Stressed Eric sucked, Brothers Grunt (Ironically, the guy who created this show went on to create Ed Edd n' Eddy!!!!!!!!). Mega Babies gave me nightmares, G3 MLP makes me want to drown myself in my feces, and I can go on and on. So basically, for every good cartoon you see, there are at least 10 shitty ones. The only real way I found out about these cartoons when I watched them when I was younger, while when they were about to end, or were airing reruns. But remember, seasonal rot happens. With PPG and Dextars Lab, both amazing shows, which transcended into awfulness when the last few seasons came around (don't even get me started on Spongebob). Hell even these days we're getting some good cartoons. Rick and Morty is pretty good, probably my 2nd favourite show on Adult Swim after Aqua Teens, Steven Universe is fucking weird but pretty good, Regular show has it's funny moments, I heard that Gravity Falls was pretty good but I never saw it, and there are a few more. But, as always, there are bad cartoons such as fucking Breadwinners, Teen Titans Go, Pickle and Peanut (which is a metaphor for.. yeaaaah), and I could go on and on.. again. Anyways, what do you think? Do you think that cartoons were better then as they are now?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci