Search found 197 matches

by Twizelby
Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:17 pm
Forum: Off-Topic Discussion - Fun
Topic: Junk Science
Replies: 1
Views: 712

Junk Science

I was thinking about the Chiropractor post earlier and had to laugh at some of the things that I have seen pedaled as miracle cures. Here is one of my favorites. http://www.biotherapy-clinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/footbath.jpg "You place your feet in a bowl of water to which a bit of salt ha...
by Twizelby
Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:08 pm
Forum: Other Philosophy Discussion Forum
Topic: Chiropractic- Legit or Pseudoscience?
Replies: 9
Views: 1866

Re: Chiropractic- Legit or Pseudoscience?

Rationalwiki has a good article on it: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Chiropractic It's about 99% woo. The remaining 1% is basically identical to massage therapy/standard physical therapy. It's also very dangerous. It should be outlawed, but it won't be. I would trust a massage therapist or a physica...
by Twizelby
Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:23 pm
Forum: Vegan Forum
Topic: atheist spirituality
Replies: 4
Views: 1318

atheist spirituality

Do you find anything valuable about religion? I meditate sometimes to calm down and sometimes it helps me solve problems. Is there anything that you do that could be misunderstood as religious?
by Twizelby
Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:08 pm
Forum: Vegan Forum
Topic: unexcpected vegan or non vegan
Replies: 4
Views: 1415

unexcpected vegan or non vegan

What products have you come across that have surprised you as being vegan or not vegan?
Oreos-Vegan
Ritz-vegan
lemon curd-not vegan
etc...
by Twizelby
Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:04 pm
Forum: Other Philosophy Discussion Forum
Topic: Gay sex and donateing blood/organs
Replies: 5
Views: 1445

Re: Gay sex and donateing blood/organs

in the same vein how about opt-in organ donation vs opt out. I think that organ donation should be an opt out but here in the states it is opt in.While some countries with an opt-out system like Spain (34 donors per million inhabitants) or Austria (21 donors per million inhabitants) have high donor ...
by Twizelby
Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:15 pm
Forum: Off-Topic Discussion - Fun
Topic: cautious benefit
Replies: 36
Views: 5351

cautious benefit

So I know that people have this fear of veganism that makes them fearful but I am going to post this anyway. I have said it before but... I don't count calories. I am quite happy with my body, I am a bit big (overweight) but nothing that I don't like about my body image, and my chronic hypertension ...
by Twizelby
Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:31 pm
Forum: Vegan Forum
Topic: Vegans Care More About Animals Then Other Humans?
Replies: 5
Views: 1978

Re: Vegans Care More About Animals Then Other Humans?

my shameless copy paste response "part of the many reasons we choose to be vegan is because the western diet of animal products only exists because we buy up food in LDC's to subsidize our privileged diet. Essentially we can feed more people, we cause less damage to the environment, and we don't har...
by Twizelby
Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:26 pm
Forum: Vegan Forum
Topic: Responding in meat glorification conversations
Replies: 5
Views: 1583

Re: Responding in meat glorification conversations

I deal with this alllll the time. I am a super passive person unless cruelty or racism etc... is expressed in front of me. It's strange how often the simple "no I am vegan" leads to "oh I once had this lamb shank that was so good" It's incredibly difficult to find the balance between culturally acce...
by Twizelby
Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:21 pm
Forum: Vegan Forum
Topic: Vegan activist and holocaust survivor on Reddit AMA
Replies: 1
Views: 1053

Re: Vegan activist and holocaust survivor on Reddit AMA

I have to admit I shrink at such a comparison. I realize that it may be labeled as speciesist and probably rightfully so. I still favor human life more, end of story. I usually think of it in like this. I have no real affection for companion animals I also have no real affection for mean people. I d...
by Twizelby
Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:58 pm
Forum: Vegan Forum
Topic: Communication: Using humans in analogies / as examples
Replies: 19
Views: 3464

Re: Communication: Using humans in analogies / as examples

I prefer to ask using Socratic method. "if we base what we eat off intelligence, should we eat the mentally disabled?" I hope it leaves an impression and a lasting question. I have never gotten a response to such things so I assume that they can't find a hole that they can get out of. I think it's a...