my formal introduction

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
boyjenius
Diet: Vegan

my formal introduction

Post by boyjenius »

As you probably have already seen I've posted a few times on this site.

I'm a dating coach and night life promoter (nightclubs and strip clubs) in las Vegas

I have been an atheist since probably 13 or so I was walking home depressed and lonely I couldn't get a girlfriend and I prayed for the last time asking for a girlfriend to be loved - I gave "god" an ultimatum and said "if you are real you need to do this for me, I want to have a girlfriend" and you know how that works ...

I was okay with Christianity and religion till I was 18 or so, I just kinda brushed it off till I found out my older brother was atheist and he shed some light on it saying it was corrosive and then he went on telling me about Charles Darwin, Christopher Hitchens and he introduced me to the Atheist Experience show.
The first show I watched was hilarious because it was the episode where some guy called up claiming he saw an angel, the angel was so beautiful he cried tears of bread, ate them and they were sweet like honey! But he said "i might have been on shrooms that time" Haha and he was being serious ...

Now I learned much more about evolution and I have watched countless debates and have read many books and listened to many audio books - lead me to here :)

As for the vegan side, still not vegan just yet - i already cut out dairy and red meat (never really was a fan of red meat) I'm not doing this for moral reasons but for my personal health benefits, I've always been a fan of health (I've never tried to drink alcohol, smoked nor done any drugs on my life)

I have chicken and turkey in my freezer I'm eating till it's gone then I'm cutting that out as well. But for now I'm getting use to no dairy products - I've been hooked on silk milk for a very long time so that's not an issue.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Re: my formal introduction

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Boyjenius. Are you a PUA? Nice to read that you are taking the first steps to veganism. It is something you will never regret. If anything, I regret that I didn't became vegan at a younger age.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome again, good intro! Thanks for posting it.

Dating coach? What's that like?
boyjenius

Post by boyjenius »

Jebus wrote:Welcome Boyjenius. Are you a PUA? Nice to read that you are taking the first steps to veganism. It is something you will never regret. If anything, I regret that I didn't became vegan at a younger age.
YES, i am a PUA actually and lots of my friends as well, I also run a meetup here in Las Vegas once a week.
are you in pickup?
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

boyjenius wrote:are you in pickup?
I used to be. I never formally coached but I published a book back in 2004. I am married these days and have probably lost most of my pickup skills. Is it still good business where you are or is there too much competition? Would you say that it is generally an advantage or disadvantage in pickup to mention that you are vegan?
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
boyjenius

Post by boyjenius »

brimstoneSalad wrote:Welcome again, good intro! Thanks for posting it.

Dating coach? What's that like?
Its a lot of internet marketing, i Just started a Youtube channel if you guys want to check it out, i kind of modeled it after The Friendly Atheist but a little more entertaining. http://Youtube.com/user/Drewdating
Jebus wrote:
I used to be. I never formally coached but I published a book back in 2004. I am married these days and have probably lost most of my pickup skills. Is it still good business where you are or is there too much competition? Would you say that it is generally an advantage or disadvantage in pickup to mention that you are vegan?
I'm just starting out as a coach, few skype sessions and coaching at my meetup group (8 to 15 people every week)
meet lots of cool people and a lot of people from other companies like RSD that are misogynistic and so you have to beat it out of the new people that switch over to the company i work for.

surprisingly enough, there are a lot more Atheists in my meetup group than i would have expected, as for vegan ... they respect it and understand but some of them are all up on the Paleo diet's ass

but its very fun, lots of women here, some of them have actually gone to my meetup group and enjoyed it